What is RegDelta?
RegDelta gives firms the ability to control global regulatory challenges. RegDelta is a financial services regulatory data management platform that combines policy and industry insight with a powerful content and intelligence extraction system
With it, firms can get a comprehensive regulatory topic breakdown that allows them to ‘slice and dice’ documents which are tagged for their relevance. This means that, not only can you view what regulations mean to your products and services, you can break them down by region and function.
What’s in it?
As the regulatory documents are catalogued by library and annotated by our analysts, firms can extract greater insight and align stakeholders across the bank faster, easier, cheaper and safer. In the great ‘transatlantic loading’ we have:
- Researched 100+ regulations and mapped them to G20 commitments by area
- Ingested 55,000 pages from 1,300 documents from 60 regulators
- Built a 7,500-term ontology tagged to 100+ distinct regulatory topics
- Assigned comment and aligned issues to the part of the organisation that is affected
- Developed the ability to download analysis flexibly and powerfully in customised reports.
Perhaps most importantly, during our ‘quiet period’ we have been using it to answer our members’ queries, facilitate working groups and produce ever broader and deeper insight.
Regulation is probably the biggest single change driver for the industry at the moment and it’s not just a box-ticking exercise. Each regulation has a broad range of impacts that affects different areas of a business. We like the way Andrew Moss, former Chief Executive at Aviva, put it this month:
“It is my firm belief that boards are yet to fully appreciate the long-term impacts of new regulation on their business models.”
This is why we have developed a comprehensive system to link regulatory issues together and pinpoint how they affect firms. We identify, not only what the explicit requirements are, but the operational implications of them as well. For example, rarely do regulators call out the impact on the need to re-paper relationships, change standards, collect more data and keep records. But RegDelta does.
What do you do with it?
By using RegDelta, firms will know, not only what is being asked of them, but what the impact means, to whom and by when:
- Track. We capture the totality of reform in a single repository and provide the parts of it that you need as it more of it is released. Want to know how many new reports are needed? Query it. Want to know what regulatory initiatives are landing in a region? Filter it. Need to know the latest on a given buzz word? Search it.
- Plan. With RegDelta, you can run a single regulatory reform programme. Need to link up initiatives that affect customers? Group them accordingly. Want to plan your systems budget for 2015? Look at it by area. Hiring people to do the work? Use the timelines to know when you need them.
- Analyse. Your specialists can understand the broader themes, links and ‘so what’. Looking to figure out how your Asian counterparts are going to be affected by your change programme? Find the corresponding change request. Want a holistic view by business, region or topic? Run the reports. Want to see the detailed issues logged by experts? Look at their comments.
- Govern. The system gives you control by allowing you to assign ‘end-to-end’ accountability for each paragraph and footnote. Need to know who has the largest number of open issues? Run the reports by unit. Want to see which documents have yet to be reviewed by your teams? Check the workbench.
- Comply. Overall, it allows you to organise a compliant programme that effectively and efficiently helps you build the business. Want to see how your firm decided what to do? Check the comments at the paragraph and footnote level. Need to know who it was that flagged an issue? Track the comments.
This is a brief description of what you can do ‘on the run’. But you can also use it to track versions, compare documents and spot key themes. Senior management will also be interested in how your firm is engaged in industry efforts to shape the regulatory agenda and how successful these efforts may have been.
The bottom line is that we can make the management of your regulatory challenge better, faster, cheaper and safer.
How do you get it?
Firms can license RegDelta’s up-to-date, powerful content and intelligence extraction platform in a number of secure ways, all designed with the needs of financial institutions in mind.